Wednesday 30 May 2012

{Design Team} Introducing...Lane from Williowlane Designs

Last but by no means least, please welcome Lane to our Design Team....



"Hi I’m Lane from Willowlane Designs. I am an English girl living in South Wales not too far away from the bridge so I can get my fill of English soil from time to time lol!  I currently do not have a “proper” job as the male members in my family like to call it.  I am a level 2 TA and hope to one day get to work in a school, just got to wait for my youngest to go to school full time. I have been making all sorts of things for quite some time but really got into it to pay for a headstone for my three little boys who were born sleeping over the last 14 years. Last year they got their stone but I was more then hooked to just stop making so I carried on.
 
Copyright Willowlane Designs
I love fabric and have a huge hoard, lots of it i can’t bring myself to use, I take it out of the box, give it a smooth and fold it back up to put away until the next time.  I am half self taught and half you-tube video taught for technique.  I get my ideas from all over the place. I love to hand stitch and enjoy a challenge like this Captain Jack Hawkins Cushion I did last year. I also taught myself to make this little dolly from start to finish.
 
Copyright Willowlane Designs
I am also the typical tradesperson in that i make lots for others and all the things i want to make for my house are still in the to do book. I also sing in a ladies harmony group called Mello’D’ which i love.
 
I was so pleased to be picked to be park of the team as one, I love all things fabric and two, it will challenge me to stretch my creative mind."
 
Thank you Lane!  I adore the little doll and the little dolls dress.  Such gorgeous makes.  More of Lanes gorgeous makes can be found on her Facebook page.
Well that was the last member of our Design Team to introduce you too, I hope you are as excited as we are to see their makes with the first Design Team pack that was sent out.

Keep an eye on the blog, makes coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment